We hope that you, your family, and your furry family are safe and healthy!
We are open and ready for all our normal services. The Vet House is an AAHA accredited hospital and prepared for safe interactions. Our check in process and engagements have been modified to maintain a safe working environment for our clients and staff. We will be flexible and happily accommodate your needs.
When you call us at 972-690-8741, we will book your appointment and determine with you what type of visit you need. We will then inform you on how we will check you in, handle patient care, deliver on all of your needs and check you out.
How do I let you know I’m at The Vet House?
For curbside service, please call us at 972-690-8741 upon your arrival and we will check you in over the phone. We will then notify you when we’re ready to see your furry family.
Is it safe to come in?
Yes! We always keep our clinic clean and disinfected. We have dramatically increased our cleaning and sanitization of high-touch, trafficked areas in our facility. All of our staff wash hands frequently. Personnel wear additional protective equipment, for instance if unvaccinated or not previously covid recovered when in close contact with other people. Staff that are experiencing symptoms, have been asked to stay home and seek medical care.
What should I expect for my kind of visit?
- For curbside service, we will exchange pets in the vestibule or lobby to get everything done and back to you. Meanwhile, you may remain outside of the hospital.
- Very sick pets or emergencies go directly into an exam room.
- For the families who need euthanasia services, we will accommodate all of your family in a room just like always.
- Walk in clients are welcome. There’s signage and diligent staff ready to engage and communicate on how we will work in additional patients.
You have my pet supplies. How do I get my stuff?
- Maintaining convenient service is our goal. Therefore, supplies are quickly delivered to you either in person or through our home delivery service.
What if I feel ill?
Clients who are not feeling well, we ask to remain outside of the hospital. If you’re sick and your pet is in need of medical care during our open hours, the best course of action is to get a friend or family member to bring your pet in for you. Secure the pet in a carrier or safely in an area. For example, a double door area such as a garage or fenced area that has access to the outside with no direct human contact. Take extra precaution by washing your hands frequently and let us know that the pet is from an exposed contagious household.
If your pet is experiencing an after-hours medical emergency, please contact
We are open and ready to provide your pets with the best care possible! We are monitoring our region’s health and maintaining adaptive admissions protocols. As a result, they are both flexible and safe for all of us.
Thank you for choosing The Vet House to provide for your family!